Friday, February 17, 2006

The Obligatory Olympic update

Clapotis in progress

There she is in all her glory...

According to Miss Tangerine on the right, it's 10F outside, hence the office window picture. Here in the Banana Belt, we're used to warmer weather and snow that lasts about 2 hours. We're well into the 36-hour time frame and its charm has worn off.

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend, only five (5) stitches dropped so far.

My color commentary for the event thus far: Last night, I was watching boardercross (please, just call it that, not snowboard cross, how cumbersome), turned to purl a row, purled three (3) stitches and I saw it. Crap! I dropped a stitch! So I tinked back to the knit side, started picking up the stitch, and then remembered what the *F* I was knitting - a drop stitch wrap. I laughed at myself, then grew concerned about early-onset Alzheimer's.

No, really. It's a true story.

11 comments:

Knittypants said...

That's pretty funny. What yarn are you using for Clapotis, you have probably mentioned it somewhere, but I forgot. The colors are beautiful, now I am wanting to make one again!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like something I would do!

Kaitie Tee said...

Haha I would also do that! I just ordered some Interlacements yarn today to make a Clapotis.

chacha / Jen said...

Very pretty so far!

And every Clapotis needs some in-progress drama, so hopefully that'll be yours. :)

Kim said...

That made me laugh out loud because that's definitely something I would do! It's looking great :o)

Zonda said...

Very nice so far, can't wait to see the rest!

Rain said...

It's looking great so far.

Don't forget to drop those stitches ;)

Annie said...

Can't wait to see the end result!

Kim said...

Clapotis is looking great(I so want to make one of these after stashalong). Your nephew is darling. Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

Ruth said...

I would totally do the same thing.

I love the colors of your Clapotis ... it's going to be stunning. And you'll be done before the weekend for sure ... it's all downhill from here.

Sarah said...

That's too funny about the dropped stitch!

The colors are great, I can't wait to see it done!

Hoping for warmth for you!

I posted some progress pics of my Olympic sweater on the blog, since you said you'd like to see it!