Thursday, February 23, 2006

I've hit the wall

Ok, I hit the wall on several days ago. No Olympic knitting so far this week. And it's Thursday night - blogging rather than knitting. Yes, you read it right. No Olympic knitting this week. Not that much knitting at all this week. And what knitting I did manage, I just ripped out. Or the sweet way of saying it: I frogged it.

What's it? It is this: (yes, I nicked the pic from zib's blog. Thank you, zib.)

Elizabeth's Hyde Park Pullover


It's the ultimate Stashalong project for me - a pattern that I can use the Donegal Tweed I have had for y e a r s. About six (6) months ago, it was a 75% completed to-be-felted bag from Knitter's Stash. I decided I would never use it and could someday use the yarn for something else. Elizabeth brought me that something. The to-be-comfy Hyde Park Pullover.

So I immediately abandoned my Olympic knitting to make a gauge - OK, I made several, that's another post - and cast on. Yeah, well, I botched the broken rib (not mistake rib, as previously posted, and very ironic. Is it ironic? Is that the word I want?) pattern by over-thinking it while increasing, just on one row, and further botched it by trying to drop stitches to the row that needed fixing. So rip.

And that's been my CRANKY knitting week. Oh, I was sick with a stomach bug on Monday, which was a work day for me. Instead, I languished uncomfortably near the bathroom. Perhaps that's what has set the delightful tone.

I'm feeling better, just cranky.

If you're in the final days of your Olympic quest, keep the faith. For those that have bowed out of the competition, you are a true hero for even trying.

8 comments:

Rain said...

Glad you're feeling better.

The sweater is a great choice and I don't blame you for moving on from your olympic knitting, I'm itching to start something new.

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear! I'd been wondering how it was going for you. And you caught our stomach virus over the internet! (who knew it was transmissable that way!)

Any more problems, do let me know. Once you get the beginning set up, it gets easier to just keep it going.

Elizabeth said...

p.s. It's broken rib, not mistake rib. Just in case it ends up mattering.

Knittypants said...

Glad you are feeling better, I hate being sick. I like the sweater you chose, it looks very comforting.

I couldn't sign up for the Olympics, I would never be able to stay true to one project, I had to cast on for a hat last night I didn't want to work on anything already on the needles! So I can understand laying clapotis aside.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate the feeling of an unproductive week of knitting. I like to have things to show for my efforts, darnit! That sweater looks great, though, and I'm sure you'll hit your stride before too long.

Glad to hear you're feeling better!

Kim said...

Sorry you were sick this week(my daughter was sick this weekend and I'm sure it won't be long until it spreads throughout the house). Thanks for the job tip :)

Kim said...

I'm back :) Just passing through on the official Stashalong patrol--I like your new project. Have a great week!

Zonda said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, glad you're better. So you really frogged the clapotis? I didn't finish either, ran out of yarn...an no not the color you got me...another one UGH!

Your new sweater, can't wait to see it's progress!
Take care! Z