Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Notice those satellite dishes



My little mink has parked those ears of hers on my mother's Bobblicious every night for at least four weeks now.

"Who, me?" She says.

You'll notice Miss Abby is also sleeping in traffic: knitting traffic. The orange binder contains printed copies of assorted Knitty patterns I'm working on, or hope to be working on some time soon (soon = before 2008).

Laptop to cruise Knitty and my favorite blogs and job search sites. (Dear Cassidy & Laptop Fairy, please stop taking the keys away - I don't have the keyboard memorized, so missing letters makes cruising, commenting, and posting hard. Thank you.)

Red plaid pouch is an attempt to corral knitting tools, but the scissors, stitch markers, ruler, and pencil are all under my precious petite feline.

Plastic bag filled with yarn purchased by Ms. D from Sakonnet Purls for a scarf she's commissioned me to do. They will match her green snake-skin cowboy boots.

And the light blue, peach, and brown lump is my Manos afghan that I completed for my Master Work in 2002. Yup, a knitted afghan for my Masters degree. Great program. Great afghan. Manos not so great for extended blankie use. But that doesn't bother Abby.

See...


Stay tuned. I will seam Abby's Wool-Ease Thick and Quick dream. And tomorrow I'll unveil Dad's Irish Hiking Scarf. That's back to back posts, folks. Hang on to your hats.

In Olympic training news...I knit FOUR different gauges last night. That should say it all. I didn't get gauge, but I'm persevering. That's what Olympic athletes do. And I'm going to do it performance enhancers-free. Wish me luck with my Clapotis.

6 comments:

Knittypants said...

This is a very cute picture of your kitty. Looking so innocent and sweet as she gets comfortable on top of your knitting.

Kaitie Tee said...

Ooh I just love cats! DH promised we could get another cat this summer seeing as how I really miss my cat who went missing last summer.

I am truly excited about two posts in a row! Don't let us down :-)

Elizabeth said...

What a cute kitty! I love tabbies. She looks like a sweetie pie.

Rain said...

That is one very cute kitty.

Good luck for the Olympics!

Zonda said...

Very cute kitty!

Oh and yes If you could check that would be great...my email zbelmont@msn.com Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding when you said your kitty couldn't stay off Bobblicious! I think I may have to make a Lion Brand T&Q version of a kitty bed. Here I am buying all this nice feltable wool for them, when what they really want is the acrylic. Go figure.