Saturday, March 11, 2006

There is life here

It's just moving along at what feels like a frantic pace. A respite is in sight: next Friday afternoon, St. Patrick's Day, I will be free of the five teenagers I am spending the next week with. I will finally be able to breathe.

Since my comment query, I have been to Boston, MA, Hartford, CT, New London, CT, South County, RI, Chicago, IL, Colorado Springs, CO, Denver CO, with lots of work, and smiling, and nodding, and selling in between. And now I've rolled right into a week-long experiential education program with five adolescents.

So there's been no knitting (OK, that's not true, there was airplane knitting which lead to ripping out six (6) Cozy inches, and several rows of Hyde Park tinking that I'm dreading - so there's been negative knitting.), clearly no blogging, and very little blog cruising and commenting.

The jury is still out on the comment feature, but for those of you that may have revisited my last posts comments, you'll see a real need for me to accurately know who is commenting.

An ex-boyfriend had a lovely dog named Wendy. I never knew how popular a name it really is. I know, if reading and spamming their blog counts as knowing, four human Wendys. One Wendy I actually worked with and never spammed. She got to talk to me every day. The joy!

Meet Jerry:


He was trying to tell me something. Most likely, get away from all electronic items, and take me for a walk.

Off to meet a zookeeper.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're alive! You're alive! And hurray for St. Paddy's Day!

Hope something positive awaits you!

Rain said...

Wow, it sounds like you are really busy right now.

Still it's not long until St Paddy's so you can let your hair down then.

Jerry is a darling and looks a lot like a dog we used to have. She was less subtle and just brought the lead when she wanted to go out.

Anonymous said...

At least you're getting all your negative knitting out of the way so that when Friday comes you can have fun (positive) knitting waiting for you. Hope the week flies by!

Jerry & Maxy said...

Thanks for your support, zib, Rain, and Rachel! I'm actually almost back to where I ripped from on Cozy - got some positive knitting done while the zookeeper was presenting slides, and many students were falling asleep.

Elizabeth said...

I always like to make something appropriate from my verification word. Not sure about this one: zlguhh. Sounds like a question to me: Zlguhh? Maybe it means "What's happenin'?" in some alien tongue?

Anyhow, I so sad to hear that naughty sweater's giving you troubles. Tell it to behave or I'll have to give it a good talking to!

Knittypants said...

I keep leaving you comments, but blogger must think they are inappropriate. keeps eating them, for a couple days now!

You have been so busy! Well that be calming down now? Or do you have more traveling to do?

That sucks about the negative knitting, are you all caught back up now?

Hello Jerry, nice to meet you.

Kim said...

You have been really busy!! Hang in there and I hope things calm down for you soon. Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!!

aija said...

I've worked with a wonderful Wendy too :) Thumbs up for being able to knit (negative or not!) thru all that noise, and a bit of green for st paddys day.